The Glasshouse is a community facility and Port Macquarie-Hastings Council encourages community groups to hire the venue for their events.
The Glasshouse is hired by many community groups for annual concerts, functions and showcase events. Community groups may be eligible to receive a 50% discount on venue hire fees.
Please refer to our Glasshouse Fees and Charges(PDF, 428KB).
An eligibility criteria does apply:
- Limited to Not-for-Profits, Community Groups, Registered Charities, and Schools
- Limited to organisations that are based in the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area
- Not already receiving support via Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s Community Grants or similar funding programs
- Must provide proof of Incorporation, ABN and relevant registrations
- Must have a form of organisational permenence, be non-government and not be operating for the profit or gain of its individual members
The Venue Manager, Glasshouse will have responsibility for determining the eligibility status of groups.
Please note the 50% discount only applies to venue hire between Monday and Thursday inclusive (i.e. not including Friday, Saturday or Sunday) unless otherwise noted below.
Discounted rates only to apply to the following fees and charges categories (with all other fees and charges to be charged as per commercial rates such as Staff Rates):
- Theatre Hire
- Studio Hire – discount available 7 days per week, subject to availability
- Meeting Room Hire
- Art Lab Hire
- Small Function Room Hire
- Podium – discount available 7 days per week, subject to availability
- Other Venue Hire
- Venue set up and audio visual items (equipment only)
Glasshouse Studio Discount Rate
From 1 July 2020, a 30% discount is available for Studio Hire only to local performing arts organisations and local performance artists. Eligibility is limited to organisations and artists based in the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area and that are not already receiving support via Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s Community Grants or similar funding programs.
“Local” is defined as organisation having a principal place of business and artists having a principal place of residence (not being a PO Box) that is located in the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area, and that the organisation/artist has operated/resided within the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area for a minimum period of three (3) months. The onus is on the performing arts organisation and performance artist to provide the necessary supporting evidence.