Located in the heart of Port Macquarie, the Glasshouse is home to a theatre, regional gallery, studio, Visitor Information Centre, gift shop, conference and meeting facilities and heritage displays.
The Glasshouse is purpose designed to accommodate conferences of up to 588 delegates in a fully tiered auditorium or over 100 delegates in the Glasshouse Studio, along with ample foyer and breakout spaces over multiple levels, commercial catering facilities and over 600m2 of international standard Gallery space.
Featuring innovative and environmentally sustainable design, the centre provides high quality exhibition, conference and performing arts facilities. The Glasshouse provides the region’s most modern technical and production infrastructure and highest level of patron comfort.
- Glasshouse Theatre - 588 seat tiered, state-of-the-art auditorium, with a full flytower and orchestra pit
- Glasshouse Studio - a black box studio exhibition and performance space
- International standard Regional Gallery space with over 600m2 floor area over 3 levels
- Large foyer spaces able to be used as dedicated tradeshow and exhibition areas
- Commercial catering available
- Full fibre-optic communications and broadcast capabilities with audio-visual support provided in-house
- Heritage & archaeological displays dating from the 1820s
Glasshouse Plan 2020-2022
The Glasshouse Plan was adopted by Council, at the ordinary Council meeting held on 15 July 2020.
This Plan seeks to build on previous success and align the Glasshouse strategic direction with Council’s Cultural Plan 2018 – 2021. The Glasshouse Plan 2020 - 2022 aims to facilitate the achievement of Council’s strategic vision for the venue through a focus on three (3) key outcome areas:
• Enhancing utilisation, visitation and participation;
• Developing successful partnerships; and
• Promoting viability and ensuring good governance.
You can view the Glasshouse Plan here.