Work Experience Placements need to fit the following criteria and agree to the following conditions:
- Must be currently studying
- Must be Year 11, Year 12 or tertiary students (if work experience is a mandatory requirement to complete the relevant course)
- Must show a demonstrated interest in the Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Tourism Services or Events sector
- Must be available to do work experience at various times which may include weekends and after hours.
- Work placement applications must be received a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the preferred dates.
- Placement will only be offered based on the quality of the application and availability of work placement positions at the time required.
- Submission of an application form does not guarantee placement. You may be required to attend an interview and will be advised if your application is successful.
- A Glasshouse Work Experience Report must be completed by you at the end of your week and will be sent to your institution. The Report will outline what you have done during your week, and how well you have undertaken the tasks we asked you to do. If there are specific requirements for your course relating to your Work Experience, you must make sure you tell us before you commence.
- Successful work experience applicants are not employees and do not receive payments or allowances.
Please note: you may get the opportunity to view productions that are rehearsing or playing in the theatre. These performances might contain strong language and/or adult themes.