The Glasshouse Studio is an black box studio that adjoins the lower foyer. It is an intimate, fully acoustically isolated performance, workshop and rehearsal space and is suitable for dance, drama and choral events, as well as exhibitions, meetings, presentations and other activities.
The fully automated seating system can be extended for performances and presentations, or packed up and completely removed from the venue enabling flat floor business events or workshops.
Download our Studio Information Sheet
- Seating capacity - 114
- Automatic, fully retractable tiered seating system - allocated seats
- 12m x 12m flat floor performance space (when seating is NOT in use)
- Roof mounted data projector and large screen
- Floor to ceiling black curtains - can be extended around two exterior walls
- Dance / ballet barres
- Ceiling to floor mirrors on one wall (can be covered by curtains if required)
- Fully sprung timber dance floor
- Full lighting grid and patch facilities
- In house PA system and 16 channel sound system
- Live feed from main auditorium (if required)
- Experienced technical support
- Associated dressing room and backstage areas
- Flexible portable stage available for raised stages and catwalks or choir risers
Glasshouse Studio - technical specifications
Glasshouse Studio - Seating Plan
GLASSHOUSE STUDIO DISCOUNT RATE
From 1 July 2020, a 30% discount is available for Studio Hire only to local performing arts organisations and local performance artists.
**Eligibility is limited to organisations and artists based in the Port Macquarie-Hastings local government area and that are not already receiving support via Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s Community Grants or similar funding programs.
Please visit the Community Page for more information on the full eligibility criteria.
Contact our Event Services Team to discuss your requirements via our online Contact Form.